What we can do for your construction and engineering project.
If your project relates to construction, engineering or procurement of:
Infrastructure or civil works;
Power producing, oil & gas, industrial or chemical plants;
Logistic and warehouse projects.
We can assist you and handle all the legal issues related to your project whether it is about drafting and negotiating contracts, drafting statement of claims or settling a dispute.
We focus our specialization also on technical, commercial and business aspects of the construction and procurement industry.
We are frequently appointed since early stages of projects and we are proud to ensure effective solutions for the avoidance of disputes.
We advise on FIDIC, LOGIC, EIC, ICC and other standard forms of contract and assist owners and developers, EPC and EPCM contractors, major subcontractors and equipment suppliers on contract and procurement strategies providing assistance on:
- choosing the right contract form for the specific project (amongst design-bid-build, design-build, EPCM, BOT and the like) based on the most sophisticated practice in Construction Law;
- choosing the right pricing method for the specific project (lump-sum, cost-plus, unit price);
- legal project management with focus on dispute avoidance;
- claim management including preparation of statements of claims and analysis of planning and quantum issues making use of international principles and standards according to Construction Law;
- dispute and litigation when unavoidable through our Commercial Litigation and Arbitration practice;
- mergers and acquisitions of energy projects and companies, joint ventures, project financing.
Here are some of our recent works
- Successfully represented a Saudi Arabian Contractor in the legal action started by a Supplier aimed at restraining the calling of a Performance Bond issued in favour of the Contractor.
- Assisted an Italian EPC Contractor in relation to a power station in Europe
- Advising in a multi-billion infrastructure project under the FIDIC Red Book
- Assisting a Cypriot Contractor in a dispute for defective goods supplied by an Italian manufacturer
- Successfully represented an Italian EPC contractor (as defendant) in a legal proceeding started by the assignee of a receivable assigned by the subcontractor.
- Assisting an Italian EPC contractor before Italian Courts in respect of alleged defects
- Assisting an Italian PV plants owner on O&M contract
- Assisted an Italian EPC contractor for the construction of the MEP system of two buildings in the Russian Federation in connection with the contractual obligations
- Assisted an Italian EPC contractor in connection with the claim management phase of a construction contract in Central America
- Successfully assisted an Italian EPC contractor for the construction of the headquarter of a major bank in Tajikistan in connection with the contract with the owner and the contracts with international suppliers
- Advised an Italian multinational group on a gas pipeline project in Middle East
- Advised an Italian contractor in respect of the construction of an industrial plant in the Russian Federation